Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I'm Wearing 1,000 Bandaids

And another run for the win.

Ruthie, its HOT! Right around your birthday it gets humid as shit, and wicked hot. Thats your birthday month for ya! I get snow and ice, you get humidity and sun! Lucky! I'll take that over snow any day though.

I was dying at the end, it was just horrible. I got to the car and I could feel the heat on me and I think it was getting to that dangerous zone, even at almost 830pm. But I did it. Today I took the day off; according to my "Run Trainer" app I should have been in the gym doing weights or some shit. I hate weights. I feel overwhelmed, I don't know what I'm doing, I feel like a big baby--like I need a personal trainer with me the whole time!!! So let me keep the running going and then I'll work in the rest.

I did 10 minutes less in time, my pace was similar, It doesn't have my average speed on this screen shot for whatever reason. But I'm happy with it. I never sweated more in my life then I did with this run. It felt good. Thats what keeps you going back--the endorphins kick in, sometimes afterwards.
My eating has been so-so. I really need to watch that better. I'm a creature of habit. I'm stuck at 188. And sometimes it goes to 190, depending on the time of day. Its frustrating but I get why its happening. But I fucking wear a 12 so HA. Take that.

My new play list is great. I found a couple DJ's that do mash-ups, most of their stuff is not my style, but I'm sure if you hear it at a rave or club it sounds better. But they put this mash up of "Born This Way" by Lady GaGa and then "Born In The USA" by Bruce together and its freaking awesome. Its simple, not crazy, the rest of their stuff is really out there. They're like Coachella/Deadmau5 stuff. I don't relate. Lets just leave it at that.
Here is a crappy screenshot of my iTunes Playlist I use currently.





And here is Tess, at the Columbia Dog Park, doing what she does best--boss everyone around. She enjoyed herself, she played and ran quite a bit. I would say she got good exercise. It wasn't so hot either, and we had tons of water. The shaded area where we hung out was great; the other dogs were well behaved and it worked out nice. But you have to pay and get a special tag and register your dog in the county. Ugh.  OK fine, maybe we'll do it!! Someone was getting accosted about this when we were leaving, so perfect timing. God I love this little dog. She's my everything. Bugsy came too, he played some and generally enjoyed just hanging out with us. He's not as social; he's also not much of a fetcher. He wants to hang onto the ball and have us try to pry it out of his mouth, but he wants to growl and wag his tail. Sorry pal, not happening. Overall they had a good time and it was worth it.





So tomorrow I'm hoping with the weather supposedly being cooler I'll get to Centennial at 630 or 7p and get around it without dying. That's just my goal. No dying, no hurting myself. I think its a reasonable one.

In other news, the boxes are sitting in the hallway waiting for us to put the Verizon boxes in. Normally no big deal right? Well, it's the 2 boxes from my mom and dad's TV's. I bawled like a baby. I begged to wait until Friday, or when I'm not home. I've watched 34 years of TV with my mom and 35 years of TV with my dad....I know its silly. It's trivial. But holy shit did it hit me like a ton of bricks.
*sigh* Its like ripping 1,000 bandaids one by one. Each one represents an item or article of clothing or something that belonged to them. I'm wearing 1,000 bandaids apparently.

Tomorrow will be better! It just has to be....




                           



No comments:

Post a Comment