What dontcha know? There's a lot I don't know! But what I do know is going right here in my blog. Opinions, Accounts, Feelings, Ideas, Notes... "What you don't know now one day you will learn; growing up is a heavy leaf to turn."
Thursday, July 23, 2015
Bucket List Beginning
Bruce know's exactly what all of us girls are thinking apparently.
Can you name the songs? Different one on each line...
Thunder Road, Badlands, Drive All Night, Jersey Girl, Rosalita, Born To Run, No Surrender, Dancing In The Dark, Prove It All Night, and For You.
The last 2 I didn't know; I never payed attention to the songs that much. I know, crazy right?
I'm still learning some of his songs. I don't want to know everything all at once, I like to spread it out some; there are times in life when you find a certain song or get into a band and you grab some of the lyrics and really soak them in. I figure he's got a huge catalog, I have plenty of time to learn every single song and lyric. I feel that way about movies too, I'm not going to watch every single one--there might come a day when I'm stuck in bed for a long period of time and there would be a good opportunity to watch and sing right? :) Until then I need to keep moving. Sedentary lifestyles are bad for the brain. Some people (and when I say people I mean doctors? Scientists? Whoever it is) think that sedentary lifestyles are contributing to these brain disease. But I find a small fault in that--I know plenty of people that were movers and shakers, had 6 kids, worked, etc and ended up with that wretched disease. So how does that work??? But it can't hurt to be more of a mover then a sitter. Don't get me wrong, I like laying in front of the TV with my laptop but after a while, I just can't do it anymore. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I have kids. You don't get a spare moment to do anything, so I'll be lucky to sleep or sit for 5 minutes.
So for Ruthie, she wasn't really sedentary until I was a teenager. She had quit smoking by then at least. She was never a drinker either. She had stomach ulcers, she was prone to them. I think she had migraines at one point too according to my sisters.
My dad was always moving. He was always doing a project, he worked hard; I know he probably sat a lot at work because it was that type of job, but he was a mover. He ate like shit though. Even until he died. But the last 2 years I felt like as long as he was eating, eat whatever you want. I know milk products are bad for the phlegm, and cow's milk in general is useless to humans but we use it anyway, but he liked it so I didn't push. I did make his "protein shakes" with almond milk and he didn't even know until I told him one day. I don't think he realized there was such a thing as almond milk lol. I don't eat cereal much anymore, so we keep a gallon of cow milk in the fridge and Travis drinks it more then I do. Certain meals I make I need cow milk for, you can't always sub in almond or soy for (that turns out disastrously gross btw).
I feel like I have 1,000 things I want to do on my Bucket List before I die, and I'm pretty behind on getting through them. I'm sure I'm not alone on that either. I don't know what the answer is. I know that some of the things are time sensitive--meaning my age and health status have to be excellent or nearly the best ever, so I can't wait too long on them.
PARTIAL BUCKET LIST
*Make Communion, find my way into
*Run a 10k
*Run a 1/2 Marathon
*Run the MCM
*Visit The Florida Keys and stay longer then a week
*Visit the Caribbean Islands
*Snorkel again
*Scuba?
*go to Europe--Italy, Poland, England, Ireland, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Greece, Germany
*Hawaii, do a helo tour
* try to surf with a real surf board
*Fishing
*Go back to school
*get Real Estate License
*sell houses
*Flip Houses
*design/decorate houses
*own a business doing the above 4 things
*own 2 convertibles: A Miata (again) and a Shelby Kit Car (this will only be possible without kids and a lucrative business haha)
*See Bruce live as many times as I can
*Fall in Love, truly, madly, deeply.
*Do a stair club for 9/11
*visit Arlington National Cemetery
*Visit Rhinelander, WI
*Finish my ancestry.com project and publish it to send to family
*Learn how to photograph well
*chronicle my life through photography
*Keep enough $ in the bank to feel safe
*Keep enough $ in the bank so that if I don't work for 6 months we won't go broke
*Adopt pets/foster pets and find them suitable homes
*Adopt a vegan lifestyle
*Go to a football game at Lambeau Field
*Go to a baseball game at Fenway Park
*Go to a World Series game, preferably with the Red Sox or Orioles
*Finish my tattoo ideas
*Keep my weight down to the goal #
*make new friends
*spend time with new friends
*develop closer relationships with my brothers
*see my family out on the West Coast once a year
*see my Midwest family once a year
*build something with my own hands
*OWN property
*write a book
*write a blog
*learn yoga
*learn pilates
*learn Barre
*Live the Dave Ramsey way
*Donate to End ALZ as much....
WILL CONTINUE THIS LIST AS TIME GOES ON*****
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment