Tuesday, August 11, 2015

You were born this way, baby

I can't help it I was born last, the 6th of 6. I am so thankful to be born in such a great area. Columbia has been a really awesome place to grow up and work in. I have a love/hate relationship with it---it's so expensive to live in. But there's so many perks so its worth the price in my opinion. Who knows, maybe one day I will buy a house around here.
Any who, that wasn't the point of this posting.

I got my bike today!!!!! I GOT MY BICYCLE! I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE! oops sorry, got a little excited :P   Had to lower the seat, like, Compton style,  and then tilt that thing down so it's not up my who-ha like a ....yah.

Rode for a few minutes just to get used to it. I am in love. Will get back out tomorrow. I need to figure out the shoes though. No clips. And form and posture. I need to learn that. And for god sakes is there a long flat surface ANYWHERE in this damn town? I need to practice lol. Iowa is full of hills, like any roads. Don't tell me its flat because no where is completely flat. Except North Dakota where you can watch your dog run away for 2 hours. (That was a recent joke posted on Facebook too.)

I told my Aunt Beah today about my bike and how I want to ride with her kids (my cousins) Troy and Ty and my second cousins Andy, Lucas, and whomever else is in on this ride. My other cousin Putzy is doing it again this summer too, but with his own group I guess. It's going to be a blast! I'm dying for this moment to be with my family. I'm praying it all works out so I can do it.

Speaking of family, my dad's brother, my Uncle Jerry, well his wife is in the hospital. Aunt Annette. Dear sweet Annette. She broke her ankle too! I am praying for a smooth recovery. Poor Uncle Jerry, can't catch a break.  My Aunt Beah's husband, my Uncle Fred is trying to get well so he can go on his guys fishing trip with his boys and grand kids. I hope he can enjoy it all--he has cancer too; partial lobectomy done...what a troopah. Seriously, does every get sick all in the same 5 year span??? I guess
I better live it up now :) Better keep dancin like we're 22 as Taylor Swift says. ;)

I talked to my Uncle David tonight. His 69th birthday is this week. Holy shit where does the time go? He's the young oops like me on my mom's side. So next year will be the big 70, thats means another party. I feel like I've got 5 vacations planned already for next year. I hope I can pull them all off.

It is possible i might get up and run in the morning tomorrow...In fact I think I'll try. Ruthie I'm going to try to bust out a run for ya. A short one, maybe Lake Elkhorn. Since its been almost 3 weeks. I gotta get back out there. Must stay active. Stop drinking iced coffee and other sugary drinks!! No more red meat. We will be getting some fish up in this house!!!! Anyway.

Keep sending me love from above <3 <3



That is Lidgerwood, North Dakota, Main Street? 1908. When my grandmother was a little bitty girl. I think she lived some where nearby on a farm though. But I've been on that main street. and I vaguely remember it. Thats where it all began, were my grandparents met and married and started their awesome family, and all the love in my heart comes from <3









No comments:

Post a Comment