Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Its almost official...summer 2015 is over.

I love summer. Despite the fact that it was the worst summer ever besides maybe 2008.  But, summer is coming to an end. The teachers went back this week, the kids go back next week. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It means 2 things--time is flying by. Time is distancing me from June 14.

The house stuff has been on hold, thank God, for about 2 1/2 weeks now, which I guess is good only because I started working yesterday and I don't really have the brain capacity to deal with anything more. I'm praying that it just goes smoothly and I can fly under the radar. Its getting to be a pain in the ass just to walk the poor dogs everyday! LET ALONE RUN! And I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't had a chance to ride the bike I was dying to have. As I type, my left leg muscles are twitching. I'm trying to guzzle as much water as I can since I'll be at the Orioles game tonight and it is hot out.

I'm not going to quit. I'm not done, I just haven't focused on this and put it in my daily routine like you would if you were really organized :P I have goals and dreams and despite what all the cute memes on the internet say, they're damn hard to accomplish!

I've got some actual "homework" to do for work--I gotta brush up on some actual nursing topics. My cardiac drugs, vaccinations, pediatrics in general; shit. Everything? I just spent 5 years babysitting adults who could hardly handle walking to a fucking dining room to eat a meal. Juice and cookies?? None for you! Or, here are you meds..."THESE AREN'T MY MEDS BITCH!" *sigh* I have keys. You don't. If you want to leave this shithole, I suggest you take them...

There are a lot of things I want to write in here but I don't think they are appropriate considering that I am aiming this blog to be more about the grieving process I'm experiencing with my parents and what I'm doing to combat that.

Work will definitely help with that. I need to incorporate some exercise into this. I need a left leg to stop giving me fits too! And the weather hasn't been all that wonderful either, very hot and humid. It's one thing when its the beginning of the summer and its new, but now that we're weeks into it, it's getting old. I'd rather sit at the pool. I wish I had someone to go to the pool with me :( It gets lonely being there. I'm not watching kids there like I used to back in the day, and Travis doesn't like to go. So I'm stuck alone. Watching all the mom's and dad's and their kids. And when I go to the River Hill pool, I  feel like the pauper who is visiting the prince's neighborhood!!! I have loads of ideas for short stories and book topics...but thats a whole separate thing that again, doesn't relate to this blog. Oh you didn't know? I will write a book someday...I'm not sure exactly what about but I will. Fiction I suppose, because writing about my life or experiences seems too hard and painful. Plus I'm sure I'd offend someone. Can't do that now can we?

Maybe by the next time I write in here I'll have something worthy of writing about. A run, a bike ride, something.

This is my Uncle David, my mom's little brother.
And his daughter Kari and her daughter Mary Louise. Uncle David's 69th birthday was
last week :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love these people to death <3

No comments:

Post a Comment