Good things happening: I'm half way through my real estate pre-licensing class. I'm only working 1 weekend a month at Patient First. The bills are getting paid. I'm seeing Jill Hull; I'm taking my meds, and I'm finding it easier to handle the grief due to the Grief-Share group I'm attending. I also booked my flight and planned our trip to Wisconsin in June.
Not so good things happening: Travis has been really sick. He had to have his gall bladder out, and spent 4 days at HoCoGen. Every time I go there it gets harder and harder. So many memories and thoughts. While they had him open, they did a liver biopsy; when we went to his follow up with the surgeon, we were told that there was a lot of scar tissue in his liver, which is pointing towards Cirrhosis. And we all know what that evil disease is. I mean, shit, he's only 31 1/2. I can't believe that this is happening. It's not written in stone yet, we have another appt with another dr this week. We need to get a plan and some answers and know what we're looking at. If it really means hardcore cirrhosis, that will be devastating. He's too young for this. My heart sank, and all I could think was my poor love, what a shitty thing to be facing so young. We're not even married yet! We don't have kids, I don't know if thats in the cards now. But I guess putting the horse before the cart is no good, so I'm trying to think positively.
I wanted to go to California in May to see my mom's side of the family; her brother-in-law, Uncle Bill, passed away 2 weeks ago. My aunt Grace is now widowed. I feel sad for her and my cousins. My cousin Perry is getting married at the end of June, and it would have been so great to have his dad with them. But I guess life doesn't always work out for the way you want it to. RIP Uncle Bill, you were an amazing person. So getting back to the going part, I'm schedule to take ACLS at work the 2 days before the day of my cousin's fiance's party, and taking a red-eye to Sacremento that night is just not in the cards. The whole point was for me to come out a little early and help my cousin Krista get everything ready. I'm so pissed. So when I go to work tomorrow, I'll see what the wicked bitch of the west says about me rescheduling; she gave me some bullshit lecture about treating them like a shift and blah blah. Go fuck yourself, seriously. SERIOUSLY. I hate her guts. Go die. You dictatormotherfucker. I hate that women. She has never once shown an ounce of compassion or caring for me, and I know she hates my guts. Well fuck her and horse she rode in on. My family is more important. I'm hoping to take the PSI (Real Estate license exam) to get my actual license around the end of May or first part of June. Then I expect to get a job with a broker and go diving in head first into this new career. I want to give it all I got, I want to be successful and I want to make it my money-maker. I want to be able to support myself and a family on this salary. I want to live comfortably, buy a house somewhere ( I still have no clue where), have rental properties, maybe a few flips, all sorts of branching. I want to make an honest living that puts me in the upper class bracket. It will take a lot of time and hard work and many other cliche terms, but if I can do it then I feel like I will have accomplished my dream. My dream doesn't consist of riding on the coattails of my husband, watching him work his ass off not even at home most of the time to support 5 kids by 3 different fathers and a fatass wife who thinks writing e-books and playing photographer is some sort of accomplishment. Give me a fucking camera, I'll take pictures better than you any day. Its not just about your lighting and fancy shit, its about the emotion, the sites, the background, the meaning of the photo you capture. Please, my last name is Eastman. Enough said.
So anyway. My sister Kelly isn't speaking to me, she's ignoring me, and she tells Terri she misses Tessie. Not me. Its because I've had some mental breakdown issues and she has no clue what its like, and doesn't think helping me or doing any favors for me is in her relm of support. So fine, then choose to ignore me, I wasn't planning on doing that but if thats what floats your boat, 2 can play at the game. The phone works both ways. You can apologize and be the bigger person since you are 16 years older than me. But never mind that. It will settle over time. My brother Mark its making a long time to get this money distributed. I'm depending on that as my contribution to the income this year. I've gotta get my new career off and running by next January or I'll be screwed. And I don't want that happening.
So again, rather then marrying someone to support me, I'll gladly support myself an my husband if necessary. He's free to advance his career or change it or whatever.
On to my Grief-Share group. Its amazing. The people who dreamt this up are saints. We gather in a church, because it is spiritually-based; but for the most part its just that we all related to one thing in the group--LOSS. We hug, we share memories, we pray for each other, we feel that deep sadness the group members feel. We share our feelings; we watch a video each time, discuss some stuff from it. Its just enough of an outlet watch week to channel the emotions into. It comes with a work book, which I've been neglecting often due to my excuse of studying for my class.
My Aunt Beah sent me "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. Its wonderful. Her and Uncle Fred read it every day; each day correspondents with it, and I swear some of the days it is spot on. It references Bible verses and scripture. Since Travis and I have joined the RIAC group at St Johns Espicopal Roman Catholic Church. We go every Sunday for class. We are hoping to have Communion and for Travis, I think baptism. I've had that already. We both want to make communion. I would like to be part of the church and so on. It really is enlightening and I feel at home; this was my dad's church while he lived in Maryland. My brother's worked jobs the meeting houses setting up chairs and other stuff when they were in HS and college. My dad attended up until about 3 years or so before he died. My Aunt Beah was so thrilled to know that I am going back and she told me my Dad would be so proud of me and happy. So I must do this, I want to to do this. It helps me feel more in touch with my spiritual side, which in turn make me a well rounded person. Believing in God and Jesus is a tremendous help.
On that note...
Monday I'm starting back to a very restrictive eating plan with some specific exercise everyday, EVERYDAY. EV-ERY DAAAAY. Its time I get back on track; I was at my lowest in January during the blizzard, 167. Only 12lbs from my goal weight. Then I went back on meds and stopped working 6 days a week and I've gained some back. I don't like it, and its just going to get out of control. So time for Sara to get her shit together. The weather is warming up, so lots of opportunities to run outdoors....sign up for the marine corps marathon 10K. My goal.
I miss my Dad and Mom every day; I still have a whole in my heart. Their legacy cannot be forgotten. I'll get back out there. Life will not just go on without them. They existed. Last year at this time, my father still existed. I miss the hell out of him. It's still painful, its still incredibly hard to think that the strongest man I ever knew got too weak and was called to Heaven. Amazing. I miss my Mom too, I wish she hadn't gotten sick so I could talk to her about adult things. *sigh* All I can do is hope they are proud of me and will help guide me through this nightmare/life without them.
I don't think RAGBRAI is happening this summer. I don't think I can physically do it this year. I want to do it in my lifetime, especially with my cousins.
So lots of uncertainty coming our way; I just pray that my dogs and my family and loved ones stay safe and healthy. My niece is struggling and it breaks my heart to see her go through all of that. I'd trade places with her in a heartbeat. My sister is doing her best to manage it, but eventually it wares you down. I pray she has the strength and knowledge to get through this with her.
I pray that Travis gets decent results and we can get through whatever comes his way. I love him too much to see it go down like this.
And finally I pray for Tessie and Bugsy, for health and especially Tess. she's 11 1/2. I loved and cherish every day with her. My special Pooh Bear.
Well I have to get up at a reasonable hour for church tomorrow; especially since there is triathlon in the immediate neighborhood. And after church, I have to work at 3pm. Uhhhhh. the next 3 weekends. WTF. What a sneaky bitch. See above comment.
Wish me luck Monday. I've got 2 months until Wisconsin and I want to fit int my current wardrobe without issue. Without muffin tops. that means back to VGS Diet. I can do this, its app psychological. Looking at the goal vs. the bad stuff. Which wins?? Goal does. I'll be keeping that in mind. I'm not making posters and charts and rewards and all that bullshit, just going to DO IT.
Well Ruthie, I miss you more then you'll ever know. Bobbie, I know you're watching down and I hope I can make you proud. I love you so much. I miss you incredibly too much. If I could have you both back, whole and healthy, I'd never ask for another thing in my life again. I love you guys.
https://youtu.be/aDHxhhB8710
No comments:
Post a Comment