Tuesday, February 16, 2021

2021 New Habits?

I started making goals for 2021 back in December 2020. It is now February, and I finally started today!

I have gained 20-25lbs since March 2020 until today. I did it by overeating and binge eating junk food. Little Debbie, Lays, M&M's, Hershey Kisses, cookies, cake, bread, pasta, fries, fast food. All the "good" stuff. On the daily and nightly.  The bad habit that has gotten me fat for years of eating in bed! It is still alive and well. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. I will be giving up eating in bed for Lent. This goal is totally obtainable. The Catholic guilt will help me get there!

So today I finally got up and did what I was saying to myself I need to do: go to the gym.

I went to Planet Fitness. I got on a treadmill. I stretched, and I got adjusted, then I started. I wanted to quit mostly out of boredom, because PF is boring AF. Nothing to look at, its dark, no windows, no frills. A few TV's from the ceiling. I listened to some music (Bruce's new album) and plodded along, immediately getting tired. I had too much sleeping medicine last night, will correct tonight. 

I did a total of 2 miles in about 35 minutes, some running at 5 mph, jogging from 4- 5, and walking with incline at 2-3. Depending on the song, I can go faster or slower. I decided not to push myself past 30 minutes. Because at 10 I was ready to quit. Then I was distracted enough to make it through with a few bursts of energy and running faster. I like to pace people, I feed off of other people's energy. Not much going on around there! There's always young guys lifting weights and showing off which is fun to watch. I prefer to jog outside, like at Centennial or Lake Elkhorn. Once its warmer out I will try to make that my routine. I say it every year, and 99% of the time I do it once or twice and stop. 

I need to remember that this is about making routine, setting small goals and reaching them before making the next. Its about slowing my thinking down and not over thinking something simple. Get up, go to gym, stay for the time I planned on, and keep doing it.

Today I did what I set out to do! I'm going to do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment